Monday, August 9, 2010

Romance is not dead!

I hear my clients talking about their frustration with finding a partner or with their current partner is that they don't FEEL loved. First of all I recommend reading THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES so you understand yourself and your partner. Without this basic understanding of yourself, yes, I hear all of you saying, I know who I am... well goody goody for you, I will stay advise you to read this book! (and of course my new book The Twenty)

Now back to the program~

Let's start with you. Are you doing all you can to fill your partners life with romance? With passion? With excitement? Do you know what trips their trigger? What makes them happy? What makes them feel loved? and if you KNOW their desires and are meeting them only then can you complain about not feeling romanced.

Now we get to talk about your romance. DO you sit across the table from your partner and share what you are feeling? Do you ask them about their needs? and then ask them to ask you about your needs?

I know what you are saying.. they don't want to ask me, they don't seem to care, they are not interested... then guess what? You have the wrong partner! Oops! Did I say that? If you are married, sometimes your relationship is more than romance and it is important to keep those things in perspective. Please.

The greatest challenge to not feeling romanced is that we have selected a partner who is not romantic. Look carefully for your partner before selecting one. Be wary for weeks and months that they are not being true to themselves and look for all the warning signs. Then and only then should you settle into a short term relationship with the full understanding that this person - in the long term - will not be the person you have been praying for.

Share, talk, do, accept, give accept and understand... then see if your love tank is being filled with the romance you need and desire.
www.stevesapato.com

No comments:

Post a Comment